Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Systema en Cali Colombia by Jason Priest.



Jason



If you’ve never trained Systema with Danil Ryabko and never been to Colombia, then this is the perfect opportunity to enjoy what will surely be the South American Systema training event of the year!

I had the chance to train with Danil in Tokyo last year and it was a truly great experience.  I highly recommend you take any chance to train with Danil.

Earlier this year I visited Colombia for the first time.  I joined Frank for his bootcamp in Cali in March.  Colombia is a beautiful country and Cali is a great city.  It is large enough to have pretty much everything you’d want while you’re there, including deluxe western-style accommodations (as well as local traditional hostels and hotel that are well appointed and very reasonably priced), huge shopping malls and some of the best food I’ve had in my life (the fresh fruit is unbelievably good). It also maintains an of old world charm that will make you feel like you’ve been transported away from your everyday life to someplace truly unique.  There is a nice laid back atmosphere that makes it easy to relax and immerse into the local culture. 

The best part about Cali is the people.  The local System group, led by Carlos, are wonderful and friendly people.  The hospitality I experienced is something that I will always remember.  I was great training with the local group as well as so many others who attended from all over South America. It’s always nice to meet people from around the world who are enthusiastic about training Systema.  My Colombia visit was no exception.  Everyone was highly motivated to train and eager to learn.  Between everyone there was enough English language ability to overcome my very limited Spanish and communication was no issue.

The countryside around Cali is very beautiful.  If you have the time I suggest making a vacation out of your trip to the seminar and seeing come of the other cities Colombia has to offer.  With a highly varied geography, there are cities on the ocean, both on the Gulf Coast and Pacific, as well as jungle and mountain areas. 

If you’re thinking about going, don’t hesitate.  This could be the trip of a lifetime!

Jason Priest
systema Instructor HQ
Toronto Canada




oronto Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment